Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We had a lot of fun this Halloween season. Once again it took a long time for the girls to decide what they wanted to dress up as this year. Particularly Brooklyn. But of course Hunter has known what he wanted to be for quite a while. At least since he saw the Iron Man movie. He was sure that's what he was going to be this year. Finding Hunter an Iron Man costume posed to be quite a challenge. We searched many stores but could only find suits for kids that were 10 years old. We searched and searched and finally bought one that was going to be really big. It ended up working really good. We were able to stuff lots of clothing under it and made him look pretty buff. The girls ended up being harder to find something to wear. Not because we didn't have any costumes... they just couldn't make up their mind. Autumn finally settled on being a black cat the night before dressing up for school. It was pretty easy after that because we already had everything that we needed in their dress-up box. Brooklyn changed her mind every 10 minutes. She started off wanting to be Tinkerbell, but then it began to change. She finally decided to be a cowgirl for our ward Halloween carnival but wanted to be an alligator for trick-or-treating. She definitely makes life interesting.


Our ward decided to not let people wear masks to the carnival. I thought this might causes some trouble with Hunter because he loved his mask. I ran over to my mom's house to add some finishing touches to his costume. When I got back I was really surprised. Brian had painted Hunter's face to look like Iron Man. He did a great job. Hunter was so excited.
Hunter loved being Iron Man. He went around blasting people with his blasters on his hands. I thought it would be fun to sew white circles on his gloves. They added a nice effect to go with his fun sound effects that he uses when blasting people. He loved dressing up!!


At the carnival, they had some games for the kids to play. There were several bean bag toss games. Brian got behind it to take some pictures of Hunter. I told Hunter to get his daddy with one. Brian took a picture just as Hunter almost hit him with a bean bag through the hole Brian was peeking out. It was so close. I was very surprised how he almost hit him!

They had a Pie Throwing Contest where the Bishopric (Bro. Wagner on left, Bishop Irwin on right) got plastered with whip cream pies. The kids had so much fun throwing pies at them. By the end of the night they were completely covered. They were such good sports to sit and let everyone throw pies at them. Hunter wanted to throw a pie. He took it and ran right up to them and threw it. it landed on Brother Wagner's lap. He was so determined to hit him. it made me laugh. It also got Bro. Wagner laughing.
Hunter had so much fun. He loved the fishing game and getting lots of prizes.


We had a lot of fun.

We decided to go out a little early to see grandparents. It was raining and we hoped it wouldn't last too long. The first stop we went to was my Grandpa and Grandma Page's house. They live on a very busy trick-or-treating street. We knew we needed to get there early. I love going to visit my grandparents. I know that someday soon we will not be able to anymore.



We had to stop by my grandparent's neighbor's house and pose with the giant cats. The next stop was Grandma and Grandpa McBride's house where the kids helped to decorate the Halloween sugar cookies. We then went to their trunk-or-treat. I saw a lot of my students. I think they were surprised to see me.

The last place to hit was Grandma and Grandpa Achatz's house and to visit a few houses in our neighborhood. By the end of the night the kids had a TON of candy and were very tired....
so tired. You know your baby is tired when he puts himself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment