Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Soccer Fun

The girls did fall soccer this year. I wasn't sure how it would go since Autumn had no desire to play. Surprisingly, Autumn was really sad when it ended. She loves soccer now, which was a big improvement for someone who said she didn't want to play. It was really hard trying to make it to Autumn's games. Brian coached so he went to her games and I took Brooklyn to her games. Most of Autumn's and Brooklyn's games were played at the same time or one right after the other all the way across town. So there were many games I got to see just the first few minutes or the very last. I was luck if I She was playing those quarters. Her team was so big that a lot of times they had to sit 2 out of the 4 quarters. It was still fun though. Both girls still enjoyed it and we will most likely be starting up again this spring.

Somehow I never seemed to have my camera when I actually got to see Autumn play. So the only pictures I have of her is after she broke her arm. She is quite the little speedster. She might be the smallest on the team (including the little first graders they had) but she was sure quick. Came so close to scoring every game and had a lot of assists. Good Job Autumn!!

Looking buff with her extra padded cast cover! You go girl!




Autumn taking the ball down the field!
She was SO close to scoring!
Game over Tigers win!
Brooklyn had a lot of fun. She scored in both of her first 2 games. She was so excited. She had a few assists too (if you can call having the ball taken a way by the taller kids on the team an assist). It was a lot of fun watching her. Although sometimes frustrating. I think she is a little more like me...afraid of the ball. We'll see how she does in a few years.
Brooke getting ready for one of her first games.
Taking the ball down the field!
Heading down the field. She almost scored.
The last game. It was sure cold, but she played really well! Good Job Brookie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment