Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More trials!

Brian has always said "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." I know that the Lord gives us trials that we can handle. But sometimes I wish they could at least be spread a little further apart. First Hunter and his ER visit has already maxxed out the rest of our flex spending account. Never would have guessed that 4 little stitches would cost over $600. Now this happens. In less than 2 months!! I am not looking forward to this new expense that we will be incurring now. Let me explain.
Monday, after my 1st grade math group left, I got a phone call from Autumn's school. The secretary informed me that Autumn had fallen from the monkey bars and had landed on her back. She said that Autumn was complaining that her arm was hurting. I knew I could not leave right away so I had to call my mom and have her go check on her. It felt like the longest time waiting to hear back from my mom. When she finally did call, my heart sunk when she said she thought Autumn's elbow was dislocated and wanted to know who her pediatrician was. I still had one more class to teach and I was a little scatter-brained. I had to wait until it ended before I heard from my mom again. This time they were at the hospital getting an x-ray done on her hand. I guess when the doctor put her elbow back into place (yes, it was dislocated) her wrist started to hurt and they wanted to haveit checked. So finally I made it out of work without forgetting my head and got into town to meet up with my mom and sister. Of course I had to wait for the doctor to call back to tell me if her wrist was okay. So we hung out around town waiting for the phone call. Finally, I got the call. Her wrist was broken and she was going to need to have a cast. It's called a buckle fracture. It isn't broken all the way through, just cracked. So after all the waiting for the doctor's office to call me, I had to wait for them to call me back with a new appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to have her cast put on. We scheduled it for 1:30 on Tuesday so I could be there with her. It meant she would be missing another day of school.
Tuesday morning I get a phone call from the orthopedic surgeon's office saying the doctor was being called out of the office that afternoon and I needed to bring her in earlier. I don't get off until 12:30 and they wanted me there by 12:40? With enough time to pick up the kids in Hyrum and drive all the way to North Logan in less than 10 minutes? I am so grateful I have such wonderful coworkers who allowed me to leave early and make it to the doctor's in time.
Can I say I hate insurance right now. Why isn't it until after, that I find out that this specialist is not in my network??? Can we say that this broken arm is going to be expensive$$$! Such is life I suppose. Just another trial that we have to work through and hopefully come out the other side a better person. Here are some pictures of Autumn showing off her beautiful purple cast.



Silly girl! I had to get her giggling to get a good smile. Not one of those fake cheesy smiles!
Love you Autumn. Thanks for letting me be one of the first people to sign your cast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment