Brian was one of 14 people who entered a beard growing contest for Hyrum City. Back in 1946 (or around that date) Brian's grandfather entered the Hyrum City beard growing contest. Brian decided that he wanted to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and see how big of a beard he could grow. It started in January and did not end until July 2nd when the contestants were judged. Only 9 people made it to the end. Brian won the "Grandpa's Pride and Joy" award. They all got aprons, "I believe in beards" mugs and an opportunity to ride in the Hyrum parade!!
Brian in line with a few other contestants.
Before the patriotic program, we braided Brian's beard. It looked pretty funny in braids. He got the funniest looks from people in the crowd.
The kids had fun at the Hyrum parade. They got lots of candy (which I think I ate most of) and had lots of fun with family. We had fun waiting for daddy's float to come by.
I actually got all the kids in one photo. But I can never get them all to look at the same time. Hunter was too interested in everything else. He kept saying "cheese" for me but looking everywhere else.
I made the girls some cute hair ribbons. They like being all patriotic together.
Hunter love's his Spiderman hat!! His favorite part of the parade was watching the fire trucks pass and getting lots of candy.
Finally his float came. Yes, that's Brian in the lovely red long-johns and blond hair!!
Beautiful Brian!!! lol!!!
And yes, that is one of Brian's relatives in red long-johns sitting in a metal bath tub. They had a lot of fun. Brian even made it back to enjoy the rest of the parade with the kids. Somehow, when ever Brian helps the kids get candy, people throw a ton to him. Hunter made out pretty good.

No comments:
Post a Comment