Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 30, 2010

To Hunter: I can't believe that you turned 2 years old. It has gone by so fast. It makes me sad to know that I do not have my baby anymore, but I am so glad to see you growing up healthy, strong, and happy. It has been an amazing 2 years with many new accomplishments. You never cease to amaze me with new things. I can't wait to see what else you will do. You are such a happy little boy (but sometimes a little rough). You love your sisters and want to be just like your daddy. I love you so much.

We had a little family party for Hunter. Grandma and Grandpa Page, Brian's parents and my family all came. It was a crazy day with lots for me to do. (I guess I should have been more prepared on my planning of everything) But it all turned out great.
Hunter loves Elmo so I decided to try to make an Elmo cake. I really wanted to get one of those cake pans shaped like Elmo but they were all out. So I created my own. I wish I was more of a cake decorator. It took me forever because I kept having to make different colored frosting. (it wasn't the easiest making the eyes and nose either). But Hunter loved it and even wanted to kiss Elmo.
My hand writing wasn't the best. It is kind of hard to write with a big cake in your way.
Hunter always has his tongue hanging our. Especially when he is concentrating on something. This time I just think he is being a nut!! He got a Lightning McQueen blowup chair and a toy Mater to go with it.
Hunter is so funny. Every time we wanted to take his picture he would look at us and say "cheese" it was so funny. He had us laughing all night with him contantly saying cheese!!! I love how silly he is!
Hunter got a bubble maker lawn mower from Grandma and Grandpa Achatz. He had to push it all around the house wearing his new Spiderman Hat from Great-Grandma and Grandpa Page!!
Hunter blowing out his candles. I had to light them twice because he kept blowing them out. He had so much fun doing it. He was so excited at the end of the Happy Birthday song!
Hunter said he wanted to kiss Elmo. So he did. I missed the photo the first time so he did it again. The second time Brian couldn't resist pushing Hunter's face into the cake just a little bit!!
Hunter with his black nose. He thought it was funny!!!
Hunter I hope you had a great Birthday. I can't believe you are 2!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Birthday! Cute cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good mom! Maybe you should teach me how to make a cake like that:)

    ReplyDelete