Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bear Lake Campout

 We ended the summer with a big family campout at Bear Lake on August 16th through the 18th.  It was a lot of fun.  Everyone in my family was able to make it for at least one of the days.  It was three days of sun, sand and boating.  We had a blast.  To make it ever more special, Grandma and Grandpa Page came and so did Blaine and Necha.
We got up to the lake on Thursday and got camp set up.  We got a new tent but unfortunately it was missing some important things like tent stakes.  Thankfully Scott had some extra ones. After a quick snack we headed for the beach. 
It was such beautiful weather the whole time.  The kids had a lot of fun and I enjoyed time sitting on the beach talking with everyone and spending time cuddling my baby.  Brian and Scott took the kids out of the tubes.  I wasn't sure if Autumn would go but she is a thrill junkie I have decided.  She had a blast.
Brooklyn loved playing with Savanah and Sarah
Autumn and Hannah on the tube
The girls in one tube and Blaine on the other
Brian and Scott had wars with each other
It made it very entertaining to guess who would fall off first


Grandpa Page
 
 



Jaxon slept so well.  He woke up to eat at 3 and 6.  He was such a good baby.
 So I was kind of wondering how Jaxon would do sleeping in a tent.  I bundled him up and kept him in his car seat with the canapy over him.  Turns out he slept better than I did.  We were told to make sure to get the garbage out of the camp at night because a skunk had been hanging around.  Well, the first night, my mom twisted her ancle and Natalie and I decided to go get her some ice from the coolers.  Well guess who she spotted... the skunk.  Man were we jumpy.  Any little sound made me freak out.  I had a dragon fly run into me and I about died!!  I finally made it to bed and fell asleep.  Around 4 I woke up and happened to look at the wall of our tent (which was right next to our heads) and I saw a lovely silloquett of our skunk friend.  He hung around the rest of the night and even left as a present on our doorstep (yuck!)

In our comfy jammies getting ready for the day
We had to try on Aidens cute sun glasses




Brian doing a flip off the boat tower
Cute little Aiden enjoying his first time in the water
My dad.... we don't get very many pictures of him so you can :)
Brooke enjoying the sand
I haven't seen my dad ski in ages... I didn't think he could still do it
He still can :)
After the first run on the boat, everyone came to shore except Grandpa. He was stranded onboard.  The water was waist deep and he didn't have a suit on.  Suddenly my dad rows out on his little boat that he brought up and paddled Grandpa all the way to shore to keep him dry.  Then Brian picked him up on the rhino to get him the rest of the way.  The funniest part was when Brian took the rhino through the first section of water and large splash sprays all over.  (Brian called it the log ride like the one at Lagoon).  Later both my grandpa and grandma were out to the boat so they could enjoy a ride.
I absolutely love his facial expression
Grandma playing games with the kids
 

No comments:

Post a Comment