Today I was told that my teaching position will not be available next school year. With all the budget cuts, my school only received 1 half time FTE (teaching position). Because the school really needs to have 3 full time 4th grade teachers for next year, they are taking my half time teaching position and combining it with the new one they just received. It makes me happy to know that if they were able to keep the math job, they would invite me back to teach it. With all the trials and hardships of teaching this kind of class, it makes me feel good to hear the positive comments. It has been a great learning experience for me. Pretty much inventing my own job and trying to figure out how to make it work trying to collaborate with so many teachers and working with so many different grades. I love how I was able to work with most of the same students I had last year. I really got to know them. It has been a difficult job but I will truly miss all my students that I have had these past two years.
I love my 2nd grade class. They love to leave me notes on my white board. This will probably be the hardest class to leave behind. (picture was taken just before Christmas)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment