Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Traditions

***Pictures to be posted later***
The American West Heritage Center
I haven't taken the kids to Baby Animal Days for a few years.  Brian convinced me to take the kids so he could get some sleep (working nights and spring break do not mix very well)  So I decided to try going by myself with 3 kids.  It was super busy, but the kids loved seeing all the animals.  Autumn loves the horses, we held the bunnies and even rode the train.  Autumn wanted to do the mutten bustin' but we didn't get signed up in time.
I can say it was an interesting experience taking all the kids by my self.  I am so grateful that I ran into some old ward members Chelsea Adamson and Precilla Newbold.  (they only live right behind me, but because they go to church at a different time, I don't see them very often)  They stood in line with me while we waited for the pony rides.  I handed Hunter a piece of candy and turned and was talking to the girls for a minute.  When I turned around realized Hunter was gone.  I couldn't find him anywhere.  Chelsea stayed with the kids and Precilla helped me look for him.  After what seemed like an eternity later, Precilla cam waling back with him crying.  Someone had found him crying and was walking to the lost child station.  I guess I am not the only person to loose my child there.  I asked him later where he had gone.  We were there a week earlier for a wedding reception so he thought I was at the livery stable.

I took the kids to the Nibley Easter Egg Hunt alone this year.  It's a little harder when you have a child in almost every age group.  We designated an meeting spot for after and sent the kids to their location.  I stayed with Hunter.  He found a gold egg and was able to do the bunny-sack race after.  He won first place in his age-group and won a giant inflatable bunny that is taller then I am.  I would have been happy with the second place stuffed bunny prize... oh well.  He had fun.  He actually hopped to the finish line and then turned around and hopped back.

On Easter Day we had out big egg-dying party at Grandma Achatz's house with Natalie and her family.  Then we took them to Old Main Hill to roll them down.  This is a tradition I remember doing when I was a kids.  The kids have a lot of fun chasing their eggs down the hill.  It is very a popular Easter tradition.  There were eggs ALL OVER the hill.  The seagulls love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment