Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Autumn turns 8!!

I can't believe how time flies. You blink for a second and your baby is turning 8. They grow up way too quickly. Although Autumn is my little challenging child and we seem to butt heads often, she has a very sweet side to her. She is a very loving and kind little girl. (But don't call her little when she is around. She hates everyone telling her how little she is.)
Autumn is very creative. She loves to color pictures, but her favorite thing to do is write books. Staple a few blank pages together, slap on a title and she is ready to go. She has written stories for just about everything from puppies to dragons. I love to see her excitement as she shows me one of her newly written and illustrated books she has created. She loves to read books. Her most recent book is The Secret Garden. I love listening to her read. We will just keep on reading to find out what is going to happen next. She also loves the Puppy Pals books and the Animal Ark series. Anything that involves dogs, cats or horses. She loves animals.
I took Autumn out to get some pictures for her baptism announcement. We drove all over trying to find some good places. We just happened to drive past this door and I loved it. (No I am not a photographer with a fancy camera and photo editing software... but we liked them anyways.)












We had fun celebrating her birthday. We had Grandma and Grandpa McBride, Aunt Kristie and Ethan, Grandma and Grandpa Achatz, Kristin and Jerel, and Great-Grandma and Grandpa Page come. She got some nice gifts, clothes, a puppy webkinz, 2 breyer horses, a journal that we need to work more on writing in. She had a great time and said she got everything that she wanted.







And then daddy pulled out her big surprise.... A brand new bike!!


We enjoyed a cute cupcake cake that for some reason when I bought it, I thought it was a cute bear. Maybe because it was dark brown. But I was informed that bears don't have manes. So it is a lion.






Hopefully this next year won't fly by so fast. Soon she will be all grown up and gone. So for now I am trying to enjoy all the time I can have...even the bad ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment