Sunday, January 2, 2011

Universal Studios

Universal studios was completely different then expected. It was a beautiful day. One of the warmest days there. We had to walk a big hill from the parking lot to get to the shuttle that would take us there. We waited in line quite a while. When we finally got on the bus, it took us up a hill and dropped us all off. We all joked that we could have walked up the hill in less time then we stood in line for the bus. We decided to head to the rides Jurassic Park and The Mummy. Brian's sister said to hit them early or the lines get too long. Along the way, we ran into one of Hunter's friends.... Curious George. So we had to stop and get some pictures.

We decided to ride Jurassic Park first. We had to ride some really steep escalators to get there. I think there were 4 sets of them to get down to where the rides were. Autumn wanted to ride with us but she was about an inch too short. She got really mad at us for going on it without her. Brian and I got put in the very front of the car. I decided to let Brian take the outside. It was a good thing because he kept getting sprayed by the dinosaurs.

We saw a lot of dinosaurs and it was a lot of fun. Then it went into this big building. At the end of the ride we went down an 80 ft fall straight down. Brian got soaked!!!! I stayed pretty dry, just a little on my face. After, we decided not to ride the Mummy because Autumn could not ride it with us. We went up and rode the Simpson's ride.

We decided to go on the Universal Tour. We waited in line for 2 hours!!! But it was a good tour. They took us into a place where we got to experience King Kong 4D. It was really good. It got Autumn squealing. There were some huge spiders that came at us. Hunter was also fun to watch (he also looked so cute in his 3D glasses). Watching my kids' reactions to the different things was one of my favorite things about our trip.

We got to see a lot of places where they filmed movies. We even got stuck in a flood! (They add milk to the water so you can see it on film. Just an interesting fact.)
I can't remember what movie they used this subway scene in, but it also had a flood and a gas tanker that almost slid into us.
"Oh no! There's a man in the water!" Our tour guide was quite the entertaining guy! This is where we met Bruce (No, no the shark or Nemo). That is what Steven Speilberg named the shark on Jaws.
After having a nice snack, Bruce decided to come pay us a visit.

Anyone like Desperate Housewives? I don't watch it, but I thought I would take a few pictures. If anyone recognizes whose house it is, let me know. It was a beautiful set. There were flowers all over.
War of the Worlds-a movie I have seen. So I thought might take a picture of it.
The Adams Family house. I think there was someone looking out the window.
It isn't a Christmas visit if you don't see the Grinch in Whoville.

It was a fun day. We decided to cut it short. It was open a lot longer but we decided to head back to the hotel a little earlier and get some rest for our last 2 days at Disneyland. On our way out we ran into the people who do character drawings. So we decided to get one done. It was fun to see how it turned out. ( sorry for the bad picture of it)


No comments:

Post a Comment