Friday, May 29, 2009

A Busy Week

We had a very busy week. Actually, it was mostly Thursday and Friday. This was the first week of my summer break. I can't believe how busy I have been. I still have to get Autumn up and ready for school and I am trying to regain weed control in my garden. I am excited that the school year is winding down. We have had a lot of school activities this week. Here is a summary of events.

Kindergarten Program
Autumn has been attending all day kindergarten this year and has really enjoyed it. There are 4 classes this year and each class wore a different colored shirt. Their program focused of the four seasons. Each class recited a poem about a different season and they all sang a few songs. They even learned to "sign" one of their songs. This is the only picture I got because I was videoing and forgot to hand Brian the camera. Oh well. After they got class awards and diplomas.



Preschool Graduation
Brooklyn's preschool had their graduation and end of year party. Brooklyn got the award for being the most expressive. They could always tell what mood she was in, whether she was happy, sad, or mad. It didn't surprise me.

Brooklyn with her teacher Miss Chelsea.

Brooklyn's preschool class

Kindergarten Field Trip to Willow Park
Today we went to Willow park with all the kindergarten classes. The different colored t-shirts for each class made it easy to tell which kids belonged where. We had a lot of fun.

Brooklyn, Marci, Autumn, Sydnee
This was my group that I took around. Brooklyn got a shirt to make it easy to tell that she belonged in our group. She felt pretty special being a part of Autumn's class.

Hunter enjoyed walking around and making animal noises at the different animals that we saw. This is the first time he has been able to enjoy looking at the animals.

We got to go to a special animal presentation. The kids got to see a hawk, owl, and a snake.
Marci and Autumn relaxing on the bench after.
Hunter fell asleep while eating lunch.
It was a hot day but we still had fun. We all got to eat pizza after and then the kids played on the playground.

1 comment:

  1. School is crazy. I don't want my baby to ever go! Maybe I will change my mind some day. Are you teaching or anything?

    ReplyDelete